Please bring the following to the workshop:
- banding wheel (a cake decorating turntable can substitute, or folded newspaper placed on a bat) OR a piece of hardiplank, timber or plaster board slightly larger than the base size of your intended pot (the board must be rigid, not bendy)
- knife for cutting clay
- ruler, setsquare or straight-edge to use as guide when cutting
- cutting wire (piece of nylon fishing line approx 45 cm long with something attached to each end for handles, e.g. large buttons, pegs, sticks)
- wooden paddle (a piece of wood approx. 10 mm x 70 mm x 300 mm will do)
- pad or paper for sketching designs and/or pictures, photos, or ideas in any form
- ‘found’ objects for texturing clay
- brushes – various sizes and shapes – any old ones will do
- old newspaper
- wooden skewer or needle tool (e.g. a darning needle stuck eye first into a cork)
- plastic wrap/bags and cotton cloths (old sheets or t-shirts are good) for covering work and clay to prevent drying
- piece of hacksaw blade or old comb for scoring clay (NOT toothbrush)
- metal and/or rubber ribs (optional)
1 bag of suitable clay is included in the workshop cost.
Additional bags of clay will be available for purchase, if required.