Hands-on learning is a wonderful experience.
I love sharing my skills and experiences with other people – holding workshops is a very rewarding way of doing this.
The following workshops are being planned and dates will be announced shortly:
- soft slab construction & decoration, firing to cone 6 (a 1 day workshop)
- raku & pit firing (1 or 2 days)
- soda/wood firing, pack in afternoon, candle overnight, fire through next day & night (2.5 days)
- easy & quick method for making large pots or sculptures (2 days)
For all workshops you will need to:
- wear old clothing that you don’t mind getting wet, dirty or torn – wet clay can be surprisingly abrasive
- wear fully enclosed shoes or boots – not sandals, high heels, thongs or slip-ons
- be prepared to get close to kilns at very high temperatures.
Wood-firing is an overnight task, so bring warm clothing and a collection of stories to tell to keep each other awake!